North Shore Animal League America (NSALA) is the largest no-kill shelter in the country. The organization utilizes various web tools to raise money to support their shelter and adoption programs. NSALA works with partner organizations to educate community about their mission and benefits of pet ownership.
- Create a custom landing page that serves as an index for all categories of TeamRaiser fundraising events.
- Allow users to create a personal fundraising pages for special events. Instead of getting gifts for personal events such as birthdays, weddings, and graduations users can request that instead all gift money be donated to an organization via a customized fundraising page.
- Configure and apply custom designs to organization fundraising events, such as marathons and walks.
- Create virtual events with virtual teams.
- Build a custom participant center interface and let users view their progress on social media.
- Create a custom registration process to feed registrants into TeamRaiser from third-party systems.
- Create custom donation forms which mirror North Shore’s latest design direction and work well across all browsers.
- Update e-card functionality to render high fidelity images.
- Configure donation forms to be used to sell dedication plaques that will be placed in the new adoption center.
- Configure donation forms to be used as small product catalog, allowing users to purchase gifts.
The biggest challenge was to ensure that the end-user was unaware that they were switching between different Blackbaud products. This meant that we needed to recreate certain components on one side that were unavailable on the other, such as the Find a Fundraiser sidebar widget.
Another key component of the development was to ensure that North Shore can customize the pages and components at will. They can feature a specific event on the index page, choose which fundraisers to display if the fundraiser uses an actual TeamRaiser event or just a signup form, which icons to use for each event and more. All this is controlled within the back end of the CMS. North Shore had specific branded colors for each type of fundraiser and wanted these incorporated throughout the TeamRaiser experience. By allowing North Shore to choose from a predefined set of event types on the CMS and Luminate Online side, we enabled them to customize each event’s color scheme.
North Shore Animal League has worked with DNL OmniMedia since 2007. We continue to provide support on a monthly basis for all development and consulting needs.
- Animal League supporters now enjoy an easy to navigate custom fundraising experience without being aware that multiple software solutions are in use.
- The website’s fundraising landing page contains an easy to understand list of fundraising opportunities.
- Each fundraising opportunity’s landing page in WordPress seamlessly integrates with Luminate pages.
- Each fundraising TeamRaiser event is branded with custom colors that is carried through Luminate Online donation forms, TeamRaiser pages, and participant center pages.
DNL worked with North Shore Animal League to assess user engagement on their website and as a result, recommended appropriate upsell amounts and an opt-in option for donors to make their donation a monthly gift. Additional functionality was added to allow donors to include the credit card processing fees in their donation as well. Both projects were a great success for North Shore and brought in a lot more revenue to the organization.