Mustard Seed Communities started in 1978 outside of Kingston, Jamaica. It later expanded to Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Zimbabwe, and Malawi. Mustard Seed provides residential care of children and adults with a range of developmental and physical disabilities. The organization’s mission is to create a loving, caring environment to the residents.
- Utilize a low-cost platform to create a website.
- Create an easy to navigate website.
- Configure a website in a way that would allow authors with minimal technical knowledge to create and manage content.
- Create a solution that allows volunteers to register for a mission.
- Allow website visitors to submit their stories for inclusion in the site’s content.
- Duplicate website design in Luminate Online for a seamless user experience across platforms.
- Illustrate the story and impact of donations.
- Allow users to pay for the credit card processing fees.
- Configure the forms to collection mission registration fees.
Custom Drupal Website
- A website has been created utilizing Drupal content management system. The open source platform minimized technology costs for the organization.
- The Drupal CMS allowed us to segment complex site architecture into easy to manage content types.
- The content type approach allows authors to easily create and modify content by filling out simple forms.
- The site’s design includes many images and visually communicates the mission and achievements of the organization. It was programmed to be responsive and functional at all screen resolutions.
- The mission calendar section was configured to work seamlessly with Blackbaud Luminate Online®, allowing users to make their mission reservations in Luminate Online.
- The website has been configured to allow users to contribute their stories to the site via a web form.
- Luminate Online was configured to identically replicate the Drupal site. Website users now have a seamless experience across both platforms.
- Donation levels on donation forms were configured to communicate the direct impact of each donation.
- Donation forms were configured to allow users to pay for the credit card processing fees. This minimized organization’s costs and increased program budgets.
- Mission registration forms were configured to dynamically get mission information from Drupal site pages, minimizing registration time for users.