Job Type: Full Time
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY Remote/Anywhere
Apply your passion for technology and nonprofits in our effort to provide web mobile and data solutions for social good. You’ll architect, implement, and evolve our client’s front-end systems along with our talented team of developers, consultants, and client project sponsors.
As a developer with influence on our projects, you’ll be challenged with the rewarding tasks of understanding our clients, curating amazing experiences, and delivering value.
- Design and implement effective solutions that can be extended and built upon in the future.
- Review and write the requirements documents and implementation plans outlining designed solutions.
- Execute assigned tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure the quality product and code are delivered.
- Incorporate verbal and written feedback from other team members into existing projects.
- Effectively manage deadlines on multiple tasks and respond to the changing priorities.
- Write valid code that adheres to the WWC coding standards and is formatted in accordance with a provided coding style.
- Identify and solve issues in code.
- Perform functional and code testing on own projects and projects of other team members.
- Write documentation for the code and functionality of the designed solution.
- Apply best practices in responsive design, usability, accessibility and interactive design to projects.
- Use Git coding repository to regularly version and back up the code.
- Continuously learn about new technologies and solutions and apply to daily work.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of professional coding experience.
- Open source contributions / personal projects are a big plus.
- Full proficiency in the English language.
- Have work authorization to work in the United States.
- Ability to read technical documents on coding standards and apply those standards to your own code.
- Familiarity with ECMAScript 6.
- Proficiency in jQuery.
- Familiarity with an MVC framework, we use Vue.js for many projects.
- Full proficiency with CSS & SCSS.
- Full proficiency with HTML 5. Knowledge of BEM code naming and file organization is a plus.
- Basic understanding of Git or another code versioning system.
- Experience writing code for and implementing them in third-party systems.
- We work with content management systems (CMS) WordPress, Drupal, Luminate CMS, and others.
- We also work with constituent relationship management system (CRM) mainly Blackbaud Luminate Online.