Front-end Web Developer
Apply your passion for technology and nonprofits in our effort to provide web mobile and data solutions for social good. You’ll architect, implement, and evolve our client’s front-end systems along with our talented team of developers, consultants, and client project sponsors.
As a developer with influence on our projects, you’ll be challenged with the rewarding tasks of understanding our clients, curating amazing experiences, and delivering value.
- Design and implement effective solutions that can be extended and built upon in the future.
- Review and write the requirements documents and implementation plans outlining designed solutions.
- Execute assigned tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure the quality product and code are delivered.
- Incorporate verbal and written feedback from other team members into existing projects.
- Effectively manage deadlines on multiple tasks and respond to the changing priorities.
- Write valid code that adheres to the WWC coding standards and is formatted in accordance with a provided coding style.
- Identify and solve issues in code.
- Perform functional and code testing on own projects and projects of other team members.
- Write documentation for the code and functionality of the designed solution.
- Apply best practices in responsive design, usability, accessibility and interactive design to projects.
- Use Git coding repository to regularly version and back up the code.
- Continuously learn about new technologies and solutions and apply to daily work.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of professional coding experience.
- Open source contributions / personal projects are a big plus.
- Full proficiency in the English language.
- Have work authorization to work in the United States.
- Ability to read technical documents on coding standards and apply those standards to your own code.
- Familiarity with ECMAScript 6.
- Proficiency in jQuery.
- Familiarity with an MVC framework, we use Vue.js for many projects.
- Full proficiency with CSS & SCSS.
- Full proficiency with HTML 5. Knowledge of BEM code naming and file organization is a plus.
- Basic understanding of Git or another code versioning system.
- Experience writing code for and implementing them in third-party systems.
- We work with content management systems (CMS) WordPress, Drupal, Luminate CMS, and others.
- We also work with constituent relationship management system (CRM) mainly Blackbaud Luminate Online.